Friday, February 26, 2016

Library Display 3: Art!

What kid doesn't like to draw/paint? And who could resist "How to Draw Frozen?" Since this part of February has no really significant holidays or observances, I decided to put up an art display. There will probably be more of these subject displays in the future. There is no shortage of children's drawing books in the library, and there are also a few adult art books. I selected a few of each for my display.





This display has been up for 5 days. Here's what it looks like now:


I took this photo in the morning of Wednesday, 24 February. By the afternoon, all the books had been checked out. I went into the stacks and grabbed a few more books so the display would actually have some substance until the other books got returned. 

I noticed a few patrons looking through the art sections in the stacks as well, so I figure my sign about where the rest of the art books are was a good idea. 




READERS: Do you have an idea for a book display? I'm looking for new ideas to show off the collection. I will be doing a St. Patrick's day display in a few weeks, but until then I have no special events to showcase. I also appreciate any ideas for improving each display. Is there anything more I could do to make the displays any better? Let me know in the comments because any ideas would be appreciated! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10