Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Story Time is Back!

Happy Fall!
We took a break from story time for the summer but I'm so excited to be back at it. This week's story time theme was camping. I thought it would be a good end of summer/beginning of autumn type of theme.
The books we read were

  • Just Me and my Dad by Mercer Meyer
  • Monk Camps Out by Emily Arnold McCully
  • When I Go Camping with Grandma by Marion Dane Bauer
When I Go Camping With Grandma is one of my favorite books. The illustrations are breathtaking. It's a book from my childhood, so reading it brought on a fit of nostalgia.
To ease back into Story Time mode, I cheated a little and ordered a craft from Oriental Trading. That way there was no prep work, and the kids could still have fun with an awesome craft. I chose a campsite craft where the kids could just put up some trees, a tent, a bush with flowers, and a "camp" sign. They had fun, and the whole craft time went very well.































Link to Oriental Trading Camp Craft



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10