Thursday, October 2, 2014

Worksheets Tutorial and Math Worksheets

Happy October!
I recently learned an important lesson (which I think I mentioned in a previous post): Don't make worksheets in Word. I mean, have you ever tried to make fun worksheets in Word? It's much easier to put it in PowerPoint, because then you can add all sorts of fun things to it, like borders and clip art. Today I'm going to show you some worksheets I made for math on fact families. My theme is seasonal/holiday fact family worksheets. I made a tutorial in case you don't know how to do some of the stuff in PowerPoint. If you already have plenty of background knowledge for PoewerPoint, then I suggest you skip the Tutorial. :)

I should right away say that this is not an original Idea. I found a fact family craft on The Razzle Dazzle Classroom and I thought it would be a cute idea. I made one (right), and it was pretty fun. It's supposed to be for a valentines day activity, since the petals are made out of hearts, but I think you could use it for any day.


 To start, here is a PDF version of the Math worksheets I created.
Math Worksheets

And here is the Tutorial:





I highly encourage experimenting. Try making a story map in PowerPoint. Try some other subjects. I like embellishing my worksheets with clip art. It makes the pages more friendly.

Check out the Razzle Dazzle classroom. There are some great activities for teachers there, and I think it's a great resource.

I 'd like to thank Dr. Sheri Okland for teaching me how to make worksheets in Powerpoint. I would be fighting with Word still if she hadn't. 

Have a wonderful day and Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10